Former U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor’s iCivics program is accepting applicants for its Teachers Council, to help with teacher engagement and product development.
In four years, iCivics has produced many educational video games as well as vibrant teaching materials that have been used in classrooms in all 50 states. It offers the nation’s most comprehensive, standards-aligned civics curriculum that is available freely on the Web.
By becoming a member of the council, you’ll receive many benefits, including:
- A letter of commendation from Justice O'Connor sent directly to your administration.
- A press release in your local community upon acceptance to the Council.
- Access to an all expenses paid meeting in Washington, D.C. with fellow Council Members, iCivics staff, education and technology leaders, and Justice O'Connor as her schedule permits.
- And much, much more.
- Read the instructions / FAQs, then download the fillable PDF application.
- Attach the completed application and the 3 other required documents (outlined in the instructions) to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 18 at 5 p.m. EST.
- Share this link with your teacher friends!