Monday, July 26, 2010

Law and Leadership World Tour Complete

After being in 5 classes and 3 cities I can attest to the fact that the Law and Leadership program is really working. (I stopped by the Toledo site today.)  I was so impressed with the dedication of the teachers and law students involved.
The students were giving up some fine weather to get dressed up very well, and to study and learn instead of the usual vacation relaxing. I fielded some good questions about how the courts work, the place of judges in the system and the importance of attorneys.

As the first one in my family to go to college, I could see myself in their shoes--many of them are also the first in their families to think of college and many of them also would be the first to enter the legal profession if they can make it through the years of school necessary. I'm hoping to see some of them in practice some day--our profession would be much richer as a result.